Easy DIY Repair Office Chair

Leave a Comment
Yo. I spent most time in my room. I have one office chair that I've been using almost every time, even now. For about 5 years ago, I bought the office chair for $80 and because of my carelessness, the office chair is damaged on its seat. The sponge has out, the leather skin is torn, and so on. I decided to repair this chair to regain its comfort. Ah, enough the prolog. Let's do the DIY.

Oh wait. I found a interesting picture about office chair parts. I'll post it here and so you know what part I want to repair on. It's the seat (number 3 on picture).


Let's Do the DIY!

First Step, I want to show you the victim (seat-damaged office chair). Here.

Look how insane (my butt) is.

Second Step. Let's pick up some tools and utilities to do the DIY!

This is supposed to be sponge of outerwear. Costs $0.3
This is called a parachute fabric/micro taslan. Costs $1
Black duct tape. $1
Scissors. Every house should have at least one, right? So I consider this as free.
Adhesive glue that accepts plastic and leather fabrics. Costs also $1

Third Step, Apply the white sponge to the damaged part. Patch it along.

Fourth. Tape any damaged leather parts. And so, tape the patched one in step 3.

Fifth. With this, you reach the checkpoint and you can stop at here.


Sixth. I just wrap the seat with parachute fabric to regain its elegancy and function. I wrapped the seat with the help of adhesive glue and black duct tape on the bottom side.

All done. With only $3.3 to carry on (I don't know the price in your local area, it may differ). And 30 minutes total of time spent.

I'd rather repair this than buy the new one for > $100. Now I can sit in peace...

0 comments:

Post a Comment