Best Free Movie/Video Player for Mac OS X

Leave a Comment
I have tried plenty of mac os x video/movie player for playing various video formats and movie type. In addition to the anime, the type of video that I often watch is scripted TV shows, both in US and UK. One of them is Doctor Who (anyone Whovian here? Haha).

Because my primary language is not English, every time I watch it, I always need the help of subtitles to understand what I'm watching. During my watch videos on my Macbook, I often run into problems. The most frequent problem I experienced was the subtitle does not perform well. There should be two lines of subtitles, but which appear only 90% of the first row. Some video player I have tried, and the results are still the same.

I've tried VLC Player, GOM Player, Movist, Media Player the default (if not mistaken QuickTime). Subtitle still not performing to the maximum. The proof (example is using Movist):



Then I Googling and found Media Player whose name unfamiliar to me, namely MPlayerX. With a file size of 33 MB, I also download it and try it.

The result? Flawless! Cool completely, subtitle perform perfectly.



For the other features, MPlayerX is just really cool. The most used feature for me is Speed up the video and skip. It works fine and I love it.
For those who want to download can go directly to the official website:

MPlayerX official site

0 comments:

Post a Comment