I don't want to get hacked again because it's a pain in the ass

1 comment
Sorry for stating the obvious (in the title). I can't find better post title than that (rly?) . Seriously, who wants to get hacked?

TBH I don't want to write this because I think I can get up back again from loss. In the end I can't resist, because this hacker... I don't know, maybe he had a crush on me. I try to move on, but then every single time I need to log in to a website/service, it was very painful.

*takes a deep breath to give a positive vibe*



Okay so that day. March 21. I got a notification in my recovery email that my primary email's password changed AND 2-step verification enabled. Holy fuck how can that happen? I ONLY log in this Gmail account in a very private PC (which is in my studio and nowhere else). That's my mistake though for not enabling 2 step verification.

I have several email accounts, each for different purposes of course. This hacked Gmail was projected to be our primary business email account. It means, it already connected with some vital websites and services, such as:

  • Paypal

  • DigitalOcean

  • Google AdSense and AdMob

  • Google Developer Console

  • YouTube

  • Some domain registrars


and others maybe, I just can't remember it clearly anymore. Can you imagine the next outcome? Yeah exactly. All gone in an instant.

Oh maybe not in an instant. He (the hacker) tortured me.

Trying to get my Gmail back...


First thing I do was cry to Google's Account Recovery department. I filled in every single questions they asked, hoping I can get access again. But no. Even after my 7th appeal try. I surrender.

I tried as hard as possible to think clear at that moment although it's very hard to do.

Trying to get my accounts back...


I don't cry. I try to change my Paypal and DigitalOcean account password and it was successful.

About 3-5 days later I tried login into Paypal and it's already failed. Thank you for the torture. Just like that, I already lost my source of income and its wallet.

Then today (April 16) I login to DigitalOcean. I can not login anymore. FYI, the day before yesterday I login to their website and I still can access it. Luckily I already moved some of data in my new web hosting.

That was total failure. At least I unlocked an achievement in my whole life, which is being hacked. Or hijacked.

Meet Mr. Hacker


fuckinghacker

I never use Firefox. I'm not living there either.

I'm not trying harder to get this hacker's address or else (I actually know his IP address but do that matter?). Or reporting it to police (because it's impossible and takes another time, energy, and money). I just hope that you will get a special place in hell. Because this is not just a hacking, if I must say, it's digital asset robbery. Fuck you.

Mr. Hacker should come from a same interest that I do, which is Internet Marketing / Blogging world. If he is only a 'regular' hacker, how come he know those internet marketing stuff, like preventing me from logging in Admob, Paypal and DigitalOcean?

Total loss


Wondering how much money (and time. and energy. and tears) I lost by my email hacked? Roughly it is

  • Paypal
    $3 balance on it (luckily I just withdraw days before that terrible accident happened)

  • DigitalOcean
    $45 balance left on it. Plus my very valuable data inside my Virtual Private Servers. Luckily I still can login (for the last time) and burned it all. I don't know if he already backed it up or not :( :( :(

  • Google Adsense + Admob
    I don't know. More than $100 I guess.

  • Google Developer Console
    About $500 worth of apps developed

  • YouTube
    Not so established channel, but that's under my studio's name which is I consider very important.

  • Others
    .....


Until now, I have a major loss and I can barely live. Thank you, mister mighty hacker.

I tried so hard not to have revenge on you, hacker. But considering your home country is the same as me, I only wish that you won't live (and die) in peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRmaWexaebk

Why I wrote this post


In a nutshell:
Just fuckin enable 2 step verification and other security measures in your email if you not yet enabled it. Now.

1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for free Instagram Likes?
    Did you know that you can get these ON AUTOPILOT AND TOTALLY FOR FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete